Thursday, April 1, 2010

Like being around the campfire.

Cookies are a staple in our household.  They are easy to make, perfect for a treat in school lunches and usually the ingredients are already on hand.  A few weeks ago I made Rice Krispie treats and had about 1/3 of a bag of mini marshmallows left.  Now that the weather is warming up (finally), hot cocoa isn't being made and I've had marshmallows dry out on me before so I wanted to use them up.   What better than S'Mores.  Hmm, how about SMores cookies!  Yes!
The recipe does call for Hershey's chocolate but that was not on hand.  I added a few extra chocolate chips for good measure.  I was happy with how the little 'mallows puffed up too.  The trick?  Bake the cookies for about 9 minutes, then press in the marshmallows while the cookies are still soft, return to the oven for 3-4 minutes and you'll have slightly toasted, puffy marshmallows, mmm!

I'd call this recipe a winner.  Recipe can be found here.

No go try some!  Enjoy!
Julie

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, those do look like fun. I wonder if some of them will make it into the backpack of a certain camper in your household.

    ReplyDelete