Friday, April 16, 2010

Weather

I'm finding it interesting how the weather affects my crafting.  The other day it was overcast, cool and windy so I took the opportunity to cut out a sewing pattern.  New Look #6937.  I chose view A (shown in green) and cut out in a lightweight tulip print I purchased from Joann's 2 years ago. 

That's the status right now.  The weather has been warm and sunny and I feel like I shouldn't be sitting at the sewing machine.  I'm hoping to make some time this weekend to work on it though. 

I will say though, the weather's affect on my knitting is different.  Sure there's a partially knit wool sweater in the works but who wants a pile of wool on their lap in 70+ degree weather?!?  Socks are perfect for warm weather knitting but that's not what I'm working on.  No, I've been bit by the baby knitting bug.  Currently I have an adorable little cardigan on the needles.  Can't share yet as it's a baby shower gift but wow, I love it.  I've also taken the opportunity to reintroduce myself to my spinning wheel.  It's been far too long.  Will get pics up soon but right now I'm filling a bobbin with some lovely Spunky Eclectic superwash BFL in Lame Duck colorway.  This will eventually be either 2 ply or 3 ply and knit into socks.  I was fortunate enough to purchase extra fiber in a destash on Ravelry so I have just over 10 oz of fiber to play with and it's spinning like a dream.  I've missed my wheel, I'm glad we're getting reacquainted. 

That's it for now.  The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, the windows are open letting the fresh air in and I really have some housework that needs tending to.  Enjoy your weekend.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment