Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Week of Sweaters - Day 2

Today's sweater is the Rusted Root from Zephyr Style.   Fast knit.  This was in my queue for awhile and the yarn was a steal at my then LYS.  To back up just a bit, in Spring 2009, my brother's then fiance (now wife) asked me to knit shawls for the 4 bridesmaids in their May wedding.  Needless to say, I couldn't say no cuz I really like her and spent the next several weeks, after pattern and yarn choices were made, knitting away on shawls.  The shawls were completed and with time to spare before the wedding, yay!  So I decided to cast on the Rusted Root and 8 days later, I had a sweater to wear to rehearsal!


 Talking, as usual.  Crooked neckline, we did this photoshoot pretty quickly.

Above are closeups of the stitch pattern and a back view.  Disregard the wrinkles, k? 

Deets:
Pattern: Rusted Root by Sarah Johnson of Zephyr Style
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece.  3.5 skeins or about 750 yards.  Yarn purchased on sale at Loops and Links yarn shop.
Needles: US 6
Started: May 17, 2009
Finished: May 25, 2009
Mods: The only change I made was in the sleeves.  I did not add the poufy sleeves as in the pattern but after the raglan increases, just added the cuff. 
Final thoughts: I really like this sweater, it's so versatile.  Can be worn over a cami in warm weather or layered over a long sleeve tee as in the photos.  I wish I had cast off more loosely as it is snug along the bottom but it works enough to not have to rip and reknit.  I know I made one goof on the stitch pattern but would have to look closely to find it.  I would knit this again and maybe go up a size or adjust some of the increases/decreases.  Overall though, I love this and the yarn is great too.

Photos again by my favorite brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment