Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Week of Sweaters - Day 3

Kinda missed yesterday so there's a chance there will be 2 posts today.   Day 3, this is a good one!  This puppy lingered on the needles for some time as it was in time out for awhile.  The next sweater is #28 Vihervaara -huppari / GreenGable -hoodie by Mari Muinonen / tikru from Vogue Knitting, Fall 2008.  I fell for this sweater as soon as that issue arrived.  The cables, oh the cables, love the cables!  Pictures??


Sleeve.

Info:

Pattern: Vivhervaara-huppari/ GreenGable - hoodie 
Yarn: Cascade Ecological Wool in Latte.  2 skeins, 956 yards purchased Loops and Links yarn shop.
Needles: US 10.5
Started: March 1, 2009
Finished: September 27, 2009
Mods: That hood, that was a challenge.  I had finished it but it didn't look right.  Thankfully, my friend Holly whom I did a KAL for this sweater with had worked out the bugs and by following her notes I was able to fix the hood.  I had to do the crochet border twice as the first attempt was a bit wonky, to say the least.  Still deciding on a closure, looking for the perfect big button and will then add a crocheted button loop.
Final thoughts: This sweater is so cozy, makes me want to curl up in my chair with a glass of wine, my knitting and a good show.  With the lack of closure on the neckline and the weight of the hood, it does creep back a bit but hopefully inspiration will strike and I will fix that.  Not sure that I'd knit this again but I'd highly recommend it and the Eco Wool, love the Eco Wool.  Such a rustic yet affordable yarn with so much yardage. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment